5.07.2009

*title*

My best friend, Jackie Joekay...

The best part of my life is having a best friend. Best friends are people who are there for you when you need a shoulder to cry on, to tell someone your secrets, and to have fun and laugh with. I have a best friend and I love her like my own sister. My best friend’s name is Jackie Joekay. She is a person that I know who will always be there for me when I have a problem, when I’m feeling sad, and when I need to tell her something important.
Have you ever had a feeling that your day was going to turn out bad? I had many feelings like that one-day. It was on a day of Easter. I woke up early in the morning around 9 a.m. on top of Jackie’s bunk bed. My eyes were still waking up and so was I. It took me a few minutes to get out of bed and wake up Jackie so we could both go to church. Jackie was still sleeping below me and I had to go down the bunk bed to wake her up. As my legs touched the floor I took my right arm out and shook her. Jackies eyes were opening slowly and I told her to get up. She seemed like she didn’t want to get up, so I told her I would come right back. Jackie nodded her head and restfully went back to bed as her mom came out of her room to wake her up again. I put on my shoes and sweater and walked slowly out the door. When I was walking towards my house I was wondering if my family was getting ready for church. It was cold outside because I had just gotten up and I was shivering. As I came closer to my house I ran up the stairs and opened the door. Right when I walked in, the heat from the house warmed me up. My mom told me to get ready as I was walking towards the couch. When I sat down on the couch my body was aching because I was sore. The sickness and my body didn’t want to respond to anything and I just sat there feeling sick. I told my mom I felt sick and she just told me to get ready because I could not miss that day of church because the day before that I went to confess. So I just got up and went to my room to get ready for church and although my sisters were still sleepy I smiled. When my sisters and my mom were ready to go to church we walked to Olga’s house.
At church there were a couple of people that were there and it was almost packed because the living room was medium sized. Church was being held at Olga Mesak’s house and took 2 ½ hours to be done. While church was going on I just stood there and looked around Olga’s house, thinking of my bed. It seemed forever when church was almost over as people were lining up to get blessings from Father Victor. The line was getting shorter and I wanted it to go faster because I was tired of standing. I was behind Jackie and she was next to get blessings. After she got her blessings I walked up to Father Victor and also got my blessings. Jackie was already getting ready to go home and so was I. Before Jackie walked out the door I ran up to her and invited her to eat at my house. She accepted my invitation to eat at my house and we walked together out the door. Jackie and I talked about what we would eat when we get to my house. We both agreed that I would make French toast and my mom overheard, so I had to make French toast for everyone at home.
I came home and everyone was there including Jackie. The same as always Elizabeth, Adolph, Kayleen, Raeanne, Nastasia, and my dad (Adolph Sr.) Jackie and I made some French toast for my family and it took us about 25 minutes to get them finished. The French toast was done and my family, Jackie, and I ate two pieces of French toast that was still warm and yummy. There was one more piece of French toast on the table and my mouth was drooling for it. Elizabeth was still eating her first piece of French toast and I didn’t think that she would mind if I ate the last piece of French toast. My hand grabbed the French toast and I put syrup all over it and I ate it apiece bigger as I ate it. Elizabeth started acting like a baby and I just looked at her and told her to make another French toast for herself. My dad got angry and started yelling at my siblings and I. He was yelling about sharing food to our family and thinking about what we would have without food when we aren’t sharing. I felt guilty and my sister went to the room crying. My dad went to the room and yelled at her to go eat in the living room.
After eating the delicious breakfast, Jackie and I came into my room and started talking about the regular things we always talk about. My dad was still yelling at my siblings and me for no reason and I was starting to feel uncomfortable in my house. I didn’t want to be in my house because I was feeling sick. I started crying, quietly, so my dad wouldn’t hear me being scared. Jackie was listening to the argument too, and she realized how my dad was when he was pissed off. After a while, I told Jackie I wanted to go to her house after I stopped crying. It took me a while to stop crying, but I had to the courage to go out of my house because Jackie was with me. Jackie and I walked over to her house and I was exceedingly tired and sleepy. Jackie and I started talking about why my dad might get pissed off all the time. I had no idea what would make him like that and wouldn’t want to think of what made him like that. I cried a few times over at her house, but she was able to make me feel “at home” when we were sharing our secrets in her “special room” where we could talk about anything.
Having to feel comfortable, having fun, and laughing is having a best friend. I know that my best friend will never fail on me when I have problems or some serious things going on. Jackie Joekay has been through half of my life, spent times with me, and shared many stories to make us both feel happy. I love my best friend as to who she is and that she can always (well sometimes) understand me. Jackie Joekay is my best friend and I do not think anyone can change that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

u somewhat talk out of topic:)