5.12.2009

OH MY GOSH * :P

Yesterday has been exciting because of the flood. There were people running and walking all over the village of Oscarville. Pretty funny thinking of it because they thought it was going to really flood. =D It's amazing how our village doesn't end up flooding when the next day you don't see any water outside. Just some little puddles for kids who like getting "wet" and going home to change. I went to check out the river yesterday with a whole lot of different people at different times. At first I went by myself, then with Bunna and Francis, my mom, and I forgot a whole lot. The water was like an inch away from flooding the place, but I guess the ice had gone. Bunna, Francis, and I checked the river up front from Sophie Tom's house and I almost sunk. I'm not kidding about this one...I went onto a log and started walking on it. Trying to balance. Francis was trying to freak me out by making screaing noises and aaaahh. Stuff like that. After that we went to check the lagoon (or at least we tried to). Bunna had a problem with that because she has short boots, so she didn't want to get wet. I like that idea, DO NOT WEAR SHORT BOOTS WHEN WALKING IN WATER. =)....you'll get wet, eventually. After that I went home to "chill out" and listen to the VHF. Earl Samuelson was announcing that the ice was "not jammed" and was flowing down-river. I got tired of listening to the VHF and I decided to go outside again. I saw Henry coming down the sidewalks with his bikes. I looked at him and asked, "Can I barrow your bikes?" Henry B just looked at me and gave me his bikes. I went on it and started pedaling to check the housing area. Crazy idea I know, I was wearing my shoes. LOL.. I'm supposed to wear boots and I think you know why I barrows Henrys bike. As I was biking I enjoyed the wind rushing past my face and decided to bike faster. The closer I got to the river, the more I got slower. =)...I came by Nicoles house and saw Anissum, Nick, John Henry in Anissums little boat that was actually floating on the 4 feet water. Pretty funny, its obvious that they are supposed to float..ITS FLOODING! lol. I asked if i could come, so did Sim and Kalila. Anissum picked us up and we went to the lagoon. Nick, Sim, Anissum, and Kalila kept taking turns paddling both ends of the tiny boat. I just sat there and started talking to the boys to see if they were enjoying the ride to the lagoon. It took us about 20-25 minutes to the lagoon because we took off from Nicoles you remember....lol. So yea, we were going and Anissum and Nick were paddling. We stopped and Anissum said there was a rabbit that was "stranded" on a whole lot of trash. Nick got off the boat and went on top of the trash that was holding him up from getting wet on the water. =) It's funny how Nick didn't sink because the trash was supporting him from sinking. He's too light ya see. The rabbit was 24 inches away from him and he was planning to catch it. That was what the other boys were thinking too. THEY THINK ALIKE..enng. But really, they were thinking the same thing. I was totally freaking out!! Kalila was paddling and I ended up paddling too. Anissum and Sim were out of the boat surrounding the rabbit on top of the trash. Anissum was on the left end, Sim was in the middle, and Nick was at the right end of the top of the trash. I know that doesn't make sense, but you could have been there!! It was cool, I mean seriously. Eventually Anissum caught the rabbit when it was trying to swim away. The rabbit gave up because it was tired and (hungry?) I dont know. Soon we went away from the lagoon and the rabbit was with us, in a box....I was freaking out because the rabbit mght jump out and attack. So well, we went back to land and I was glad because i was getting wet. I went home and stopped there. Got onto my bed and fell asleep. OK i got to go....

No comments: