2.27.2009

persuation letter :P

Dear ________,

Have you ever wanted to live some where else other than where you are right now? I know that I have been having those thoughts. But thinking about another village too much and what kind of problems are there in the that village, I think that that village might have too much trouble. People would think that our village is any other better than other villages. Which I, think the same way also.
Here in Oscarville we have our own space. There are less more troubles here and people can feel safe. You see, I have been living here since 1st grade. That was a long time ago and now it's changed a bit in the village about the population. The population right now is around 60-75 people and that's not a lot. Oscarville has 8 elders and a total of 66 people in the village. I don't think that is much people for one small village on such a huge island. We villagers do not think Oscarville as a huge island because we haven't seen the rest of the village outside our area. If many more people move here, we might get a chance to explore the other side of the village (island). The village (island) might even change.
If it does change I will regret convincing 100,000,000,000 to move here. I don't want 100,000,000,000 people to move here. I just want 100 people to move here. People who are taking the risk to have a chance to get to know us. Oscarville has respectful kids and adults. The elders help with anything they can before they pass on. Every single one of us try to help each other when its needed.
I, for once, am persuading some "friend" of mine to come to our village. The village has a nice quiet place and there are no cars and roads around here. The village is quiet at times and it gets loud when kids are out. The snow falls down in winter and we do not sleep in igloos. Our homes are well suited for each family. During the summer it rains, it gets hot, and theres much fun down at the river. We go swimming down at the river and sometimes go kayaking. Much men like to go hunting to provide food for their families. They hunt for geese, moose, caribou, and other eskimo animals. The woman or youngsters go berry picking during early June or at the first of July. They also like to egg hunt during the early August or September.
Many people here find something to do here. We are the people you can look for, when you need something to do with us. But I can tell you, Oscarville is a great village and I am proud that I live in this village. Many think that Oscarville is boring but (yes I think its boring), we all have some fun some how. I think that is all much to say. I hope that I've persuaded you enough for you to come here.

Sincerely,
Chinace Egoak

1 comment:

Erin said...

OK. You persuaded me. I'm moving here....wait...I already live here.

Maybe you should rewrite your letter so that we can get some handsome young men to move here. I'm getting old! I need a husband...lol.

Do you think, that even with 170 people, our village would be better? What might happen if those extra people are not so nice people? I hope only nice people move here.

Great post! I love your writing.