1.15.2009

--Holiday




*sigh* I wish it was summer...it is a time when I can do anything I want. I kinda want to
get out of school. But at the same time, I don't want to. Quicky, I don't know what to say. Summer should be here and school out for 3-4 months. During the summer I imagine myself far away, running. I don't know what I'm running from though. Maybe I'm running because I want to, or either I have fears that I want to face. Some people say they run
away so that they can feel free from home or some place else where it is bothering
them. Gosh, I wish life was easier. But look, we have to face everything that is in front
of us. There is going to be hard times where you have to work hard to get where or what you want. Life's hard, that is what people say. But I know what they talk about. People from back then used to say that they didn't have it all "easy". Had to work as twice as hard during chores, wake up at the dawn of morning, and get hit if they did something wrong. Either they would get hit if they didn't listen.
Imagine running away, being free from everything. Do you know how much joy that would be? Laughing and smiling, seeing things outside of your stuck world. If you think you can be free, well you can. You just have to think of a place so far away....from yourself and those other people who tell you that your "world" never exists. Just think, and you'll have it to yourself. Well I have nothing much left to say.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Two songs that come to mind when I read this:

1. Ragged Company by Grace Potter
2. Redemption Song by Bob Marley

Ragged Company is a song about how no matter where you travel and how far you go you still have yourself, all your problems, and all your fears. She says that you can't ever get aways from that stuff because at some point you will have to stop and take a look at all those things you are trying to get away from and face them. She says that you always have yourself. I like this song because it reminds me that having yourself could be a good or a bad thing. If you aren't happy with yourself then you might feel stuck and no matter how far your run you will never be able to get away from things. It also reminds me that having yourself could be a good thing.

Redemption Song was written by Bob Marley when we was suffering from cancer. He was thinking about death and his own impending death. It's a song about being strong no matter what we face in life. He also says that a large part of being strong is thinking for ourselves and when we become emancipate our minds we realize true freedom.

I think we all think about what life would be like somewhere else, perhaps in a different place in time or surrounded by different people. However, I think that every challenge in life shapes us in some way. Every hardship, every low point as well as every success impacts us. I guess what I am trying to say is that yes, life is hard. I would like to say that at some point you are going to reach an age or a place where life isn't hard anymore. But, no matter where we go or how old we are we have challenges and hardships.

However, don't forgot about all the wonderful things that happen every day that shape us as well. I think that it is unfortunate that people always seem to think about the bad stuff and don't pay enough attention to all the good stuff. I mean, there are mornings I am so grateful to be able to walk outside and check the weather. You do have a lot of people who care about you and want great things for you and that is a pretty good thing to have!